Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Cobel Liege Waffles

So I've been seeing this IG accounts on my feed for some time, and lucky that they were at a market right by me.   I had to make a trip up there to check them out. 
To those who are unfamiliar, liege waffles are from Belgium, they use a yeast brioche batter than the runny batter.  So it's texture are not the same, and you can tell the difference when you cut into it.  It feels chewier, and has more elasticity to it.  Not in a bad way, just more than a regular waffle would. 

First off, they have 3 types of base waffles, Cinnamon, Chocolate, and Original (which is plain).  Then you have different types of toppings.  (L) Banana, Strawberries with hazelnut drizzle, Blueberries, Strawberries, Cinnamon Bun, Biscoff, and minis.  


All made to order. 

Of course, I have to get something yummy. 

The Biscoff is actually pretty good it has cookie butter drizzle on the top of a plain and the flavors between the cookie butter and the cookie crumbles are a nice combo. 

Of course, I most looked forward to the Banana Strawberry with hazelnut combo.  I would say that I do appreciate the whole thing is not as sweet as I had pictured it to be, which as much as a Sweet Tooth that I am, I don't do overly sweet and this hits the mark just right.  Which is much appreciated. 

You can catch them at various markets around town.  For most up-to-date locations, follow them IG. 

Cobel Liege Waffles



 

No comments:

Post a Comment