Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Island Grill

For a little healthier fare, we went to Island Grill for dinner. They are really known for their juice bar. If you ever want to have a healthy afternoon snack, go for the N.R.G. which is blueberries, banana, vanilla yogurt, and energy boost.

Aside from that, they serve a full arrange of food there too. Anything from pasta, to Greek food, to breakfast, to lox and bagle.

The other night, I got the gyro platter, which was the biggest gyro sandwich I've seen. Most of the time, people give you half the size of gyro meat they gave you here. And they definitely make sure that they did not cheat you for the price you paid for it. The platter, by the way, does come with a drink.

Another night we went, I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich with gluten free bread. They started to carry Gluten Free Houston's products. Since they don't have burger bun, they gave me the bread and cut them up like a club sandwich.
But as you can see, it's more than generous with the size. I can barely fit it in my mouth to take a bite.

I like to support a local business if possible. Faysal is definitely happy to get to know his customers all from the neighborhood. I know they also have a Woodway location, to which he had said that one of his customers kid whom he watched her grow up to where she's inviting him to her wedding. So, a mom and pop style business definitely has its charm.

Island Grill & Juice
4024 Bellaire Blvd
Houston TX 77024
Ph:713-665-5388
http://www.islandgrillhouston.com/

No comments: