Monday, December 19, 2011

Rudi Lechner's Thanksgiving Feast

I know Thanksgiving was a month ago, but thought it's noteworthy....
It's now a tradition that I go do Thanksgiving with my friend K since she doesn't go home until Christmas. This year, her brother decided to join us and we thought we'd give Rudi Lechner's a try.

As you can see, it's buffet style of 3 courses.
Here's the hot plates, you have your cabbage roll, mashed potatos, green beans, red cabbage, veal, and kelbasa sausage.
Don't forget the ham and turkey. (can't fit it on my plate) There was a salad/fruit plate though my friend was more excited about the pickled hering than anything else.
I had the apple strudel for dessert, and the dessert course was not all you can eat. Only one per person. The cream is like a clodded cream, but less dense. It's light and airly to go with the strudel.

Total cost was $27 per person, which was good with all the food they have. You will for sure go into a food coma. Drinks are separate, and unfortunately, due to their volume, no Salzburger Nockerl (what I called the fire coffee -that's their specialty).

Rudi Lechner's
2503 S.Gessner
Houston TX 77063
Tel: 713-782-1180
http://www.rudilechners.com/index.htm

No comments: