Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Azuma - Downtown

I have never been to Azuma downtown for lunch before, so I called my friend who works in my building to go over there to help me kill that Groupon I've got.

Since we have to spend $40, we were just trying to find ways to use them up. Normally, for lunch, I wouldn't have ordered an appetizer, but since we each have a goal to spend, we ordered away.

I had the agadeshi tofu, it's fried tofu with ponzu sauce and little fish flakes. YUM!
Then we split the seaweed salad, it was not anything special.
Then comes the big bento. I had thought it'd be unagi (eel fish) over a bed of rice, it was not the case and not that I'm complaining. It came with sushi, fried rice, my fish, salad, bok choy, and a brownie. Are they serious? Oy!

I ate the fish and the rice. Then I told myself, it's only 2 tiny pieces of sushi, so I ate that. Then I said to myself, that seaweed salad isn't a real salad, so I ate the bok choy. Then I felt bad for not eating the other veggie. I just decided I have to stop. Don't worry, I did not have the brownie. Even though my eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach, I'm not crazy. I felt bad because the server came up and asked if we were unsatisfied with our food. That was far from the truth, we were just stuffed. Plus, we barely got to the $30s for my $4o Groupon. Had that been dinner, it'll be a very different story.

Azuma Downtown
909 Texas Street,
Houston, TX 77002

(O) 713-223-0909
http://www.azumarestaurant.com/

No comments: