Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sushi Wabi

So, finally went back for sushi. Last time, if you recall, we had tried their starter and their specialty items, but how does sushi stand?
The prices for sushi is super reasonable.  Average $1.25 - $1.75 a piece, of course specialty fishes are extra.  Frankly, I've always liked to order by piece than 2 per order.  Just so free you up to try more types of sushi.  Since most places gets you 2 pieces per order, more than likely I'm filled up with rice before trying other stuff, so I'm a big fan.

Not to mention, the fish and scallop here, is super fresh.  The owner was so proud that he was showing us and another set of client of fresh fish flown in from Japan.  I'm happy to see that there's still sushi owner that value freshness.
Then I ordered a Lava Roll.  This is just too cute, I just have to share.  I was a late night, so I can tell they can take their time on making it.  It's also super nice and creative of them to have done that.
Ok, what's in a Lava Roll: it really is masago, kani, baked scallop with mayo on top.  It usually comes with avocado, but since I'm not a big fan, I asked them to do without.  The sauce that makes the heart is the eel sauce.  Red sauce is hot sauce, green sauce is wasabi sauce (not too spicy).  Of course, I had to ruin the beautiful drawing in order to enjoy my sushi.  And boy, it was a good choice.  I highly recommend it.

Sushi Wabi
3953 Richmond Ave
houston, tx 77027713-623-8818
http://www.sushiwabihouston.com/

No comments: