Monday, September 16, 2013

Blacksmith Coffee

I've been meaning to go try Blacksmith Coffee a while, just needed an excuse.  
 Here's the ordering counter.  You walk up, order, or there's a few seats at the bar.  There's a few more 'bar' seats by the window and by the bar, then there's about 5 tables.  So, this is not the place to bring a big crowd.  I can only imagine when it used to be Mary's on Montrose.
 Instead of coffee, I got the Jasmine Pearl tea.  It's really just jasmine tea.
I got a modified Croque Monsieur - ham, gruyere cheese, egg, béchamel sauce.   It came with chips and mini pickles.

I'm not sure if it's that day or not, but the guy at the counter was a bit miffed when I told him that this is the first time and asked for recommendation.  Like: dude if you don't know what you're walking into, why bother coming.  See, this is what I usually do, I ask the person behind the counter, or server, what their favorite or what they recommend.  Usually, they are very enthusiastic about telling you what they like.  This guy was like, well, it's all sandwiches.  Urm... yes, I'm just asking what he liked, it wasn't a pick up line.  Anyway, he ended up settling on the Croque, so I went with it.  It's good, tasted good.  But maybe I'll try going there when another person at the counter.  

If you worry about parking, don't have to.  They do have a small bit of parking next to the building.  Another small triangle behind the building.  Then you can also park at Underbelly's and Hay Merchant's.  So, don't worry about parking there.

Blacksmith Coffee
1018 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77006
832-360-7470
https://www.facebook.com/blacksmithhouston

No comments: