Monday, May 1, 2017

La Grange

Have never heard of La Grange until my friend, Julia introduced it to us.
Since it's warm out, having a Saint Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower is just what the doctor ordered.  Nice, light and refreshing on a hot day.  As a matter of fact, the creators at Saint Arnold had that in mind when they named it the Lawnmower.  Don't believe me, go take their tour!
Got the Ceviche with scallops, shrimp, fish and of course lime juice.  It was more on the sour side than I expected.  I was hoping it neutralizes but it worked out as a good snack.
Here's the Holy Queso con Chorizo.  It was nice and flavorful with the chorizo.  I think the next queso I would want to try on the menu is the brisket, but one queso at a time.  It is white cheese based, the green stuff you see is the chili, which is unlike what I was thinking that they put pesto, which I didn't understand why pesto, but I was wrong, it was green chile.  And a dab of the chorizo.  You put any cheese, I'll take it.

So, the view on the rooftop is what they're known for.  That said, good luck finding parking on a beautiful day.  Better luck on a wait staff that pays attention when the tables are all filled.  Parking, let's talk about that.  They have a small lot behind the building, but because Hugo is in the back street, the resident streets are the first one that gets taken up.  Then, you're limited by the spaces on fairview and Dunlavy.  If there are several events going on in the neighborhood, I'd say forget it.  But since I was meeting a group there, I had to kept trying.

Then, our wait staff.  The tables everywhere was filled, good vibe, great decor.  Table next to us seems to be a work happy hour.  Our person forgot orders, which led to food taking a long time.  And trying to pay the tab was like pulling teeth, we just wanted to pay.  Needless to say, it'll take a lot for me to come back when there are so many good bars in town with great food and greater service.  View was nice but not enough to bring me back.

La Grange
2517 Ralph St
Houston, TX 77006
832-962-4745
http://lagrangehouston.com/

No comments: