Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Bao Shi Yi - Kirby

I saw them renovating the old Elevation Burger location while I was stuck in traffic. 

I'm no stranger to Bao Shi Yi since we tried out in Chinatown.  This location definitely help the inner loopers get acquainted with yummy Chinese food.
They fully take advantage of the drive thru but seems like they needed to restock as they are running low on items.

Take a look took, the selections they have at this location, a lot you don't have, or are different from the Chinatown location.  One more tip: at the lower right corner, you can make the meal into a combo by adding either soda, coffee or soy mail for $1.25.
So what did I get: Popcorn Chicken.  It comes in a cute little cup.  But don't look down on it, there are actually a lot of meat in there.  Took me couple of meals to finish.
Shrimp, Pork & Chives Potstickers.  There are 8 pieces in there, and it is pretty much fill me up as a meal.
For drinks, I decided to order the Mango Slush and Soy Milk.  I love the packaging.  I forgot that their Soy Milk is not sweeten.  Which makes sense because if you order the warm Soy Milk and the Chinese Donut and you dip the donut into the milk, it works very well together.  

The Mango Slush is a dessert to its own.  There are sago, raspberry, and mango slush in the mix.  It is rich and pretty filling, as opposed to a drink, so it is something to set aside later.

I like that they have the drive thru, just keep in mind, orders are made to order, so it will take a bit, unlike other drive thrus.  Again, a lot of more authentic dishes are only available in the Chinatown location.  Hopefully they will expand here, but for to go meals, this is not a bad start.  I've seen posts of the interior, when things eased up, I don't mind going in and taking a few for the 'gram.

Bao Shi Yi - Kirby
3819 Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77098
346-867-3941
https://baoshiyibunhouse.com


 

No comments: