Thursday, February 18, 2021

Bao Shi Yi - Medical Center

I was so excited when I heard that they're opening a Bao Shi Yi right down the street from me.
For grand opening, they are doing a breakfast combo.  

This is a very cute wall - definitely doing this for the 'gram.

There are also cute decorations in each of the table.  Yes, I said in the table.  It is under the layer of glass you eat from, and it has little touches like these all over the place.

Don't judge, this is 2 meals here.

Meal #1: I got the Grapefruit Slice Tea - it has a layer of slushee on top.  Then, got the XLB.  I'm not sure if they have to do a bunch for the grand opening specials, but a lot of them has very little meat filling. I know that's not the norm.  Hope it's just a fluke. 

For Meal #2: This is the Braised Beef Noodle.  They literally gave you 3 things of bok ahoy, but there are lots of noodles and the meat quality is not bad, made for the XLB.  They even have this cute package of the soup so your noodles won't be soggy.  I will say, I have forgotten the bit about you don't let spicy stuff sit overnight because it marinates some more and gets spicier.  It was spicier the next day.  When will I ever learn?!

You can online order and then do a quick pick up.  This location has stuff that the Kirby location doesn't.  They have several types of baos that I've never seen or heard of before.  They also have different types of frozen dumplings you can purchase and cook it at your leisure.  By the looks of the set up, they may do a drive thru in the future.  Who knew that this building used to be a Subway Sandwich shop is now revived to be a hip little dumpling spot.


Bao Shi Yi
2328 Holcomb Blvd.
Houston, TX 
https://baoshiyibunhouse.com

 

No comments: