Monday, February 28, 2022

Bodard Bistro

Last time I was at Bodard it was before the world shut down.
Even though I know they have moved from the last time I ate there, I also didn't try very hard to sought them out.

Since I was in the mood, it was lucky to find it nearby where I was.

Got their famous Nem Nuong Cuon.  Actually when I said the spring roll, they lady already know, since it's their famous item on the menu. It has grilled pork, lettuce, and crunchy layer in the middle.  The gravy you dip is like a congee texture, thicker than soup, but it's nice and warm and goes together well.

This is the Salty Fish with Diced Chicken fried rice.  It's really a Chinese dish, but I get it wherever I can find them.  I like theirs more than House of Bowls because you can tell that they actually used legit salty fish.  You can actually taste in some of the bites you take.  Versus before, I can smell it but can't the saltiness that is supposed to come with the dish.  So, this is a win for me.

They used to be inside the Beltway on Bellaire.  Now they moved across from Hong Kong City, that area is quite congested even though lots of good shops are around.  That said, the quality is definitely still there.  Even though they've opened back up for dine-in, seems like guests still like their food for party setting.  There were a line of trays with various dishes, must be a big party.  Go check them out.

Bodarad Bistro
11350 Bellaire Blvd
Ste 100
Houston, TX 77072
https://bodardbistrohouston.com







 

No comments: