Thursday, September 26, 2024

Dim Sum Box

So excited to finally get to try Dim Sum Box.
I'm not normally on that side of town, but since I was stuck in traffic, figured I'd detour and fill my tummy.

Was super lucky that happy hour was till 7pm, just in time for my din din. 


I got 2 kinds of rice roll, the Char Siu (pork) and the duck.  The rice noodle texture is a little different but your taste buds gets the gist.  My only thing is that the duck one was on the dryer side and they paired it with the plumb sauce which typically is fine with dryer rice noodle, but somehow it did not hit the spot like the pork one did.  Hard to say why, just did not arrive there. 

I got the Lotus Leaf Sticky Rice, which is delicious and has tons of filling with pork and chicken in them.  I also ordered the Soup Dumplings.  It's cute that it came with the heart saucer, the soup dumpling doesn't have as much soup as I'd like but the meat inside is tasty, so that makes up for it. 

Here's the piece de resistance - my little piggies.  They are mango pudding, and the schtick here is that they're so gelatinous that if you use the spoon to spank the back side, they shake, which is adorable.  And yes, tasty - in the non-gutter sense.  The mango pudding is good.  They also have a bunnies version which is with coconut pudding, super cute. 

That said, the sad thing about going to dim sum by yourself is that you can't eat as much as you can with other people.  And like tapas, it's fun with more people to get more things to try.  But don't feel too sad, I did made sure I'd take half to go, so I can enjoy these for one more meal. 

Dim Sum Box Katy
1223 Grand West Blvd
B107
Katy, TX 77449
832-835-0981





 

No comments: