Sunday, May 8, 2011

3rd Street Promenade - Monsieur Marcel

I know I've been on hiatus, but with a good reason, I promise! I was invited out to DJ for Lindy Groove out in LA. And what's a good time to soak up the beautiful California sun but to spend a day out at 3rd Street Promenade.

It might be cliche, seeing that it used to be filled with nifty little boutiques. And now ever main chain of clothing, food, tech are all located at 3rd street. As a matter of fact, it's not even valid to call it just 3rd street, it has expended from 3rd to 4th, to 5th. I will say though, it does slowly gets you to the ocean.



As I was walking along, I was ready for some decent lunch. You got your usual, of course, but for something that I don't have in Texas, might as well try something different. In the middle of the 'street', one side has an outdoor cafe that serves sandwiches and gelato. The other is a full fledge restaurant. I thought, why not.

In comes Monsieur Marcel, it was quite a popular spot to be. It is known for their wine and cheese, but their entree's looked enticing and I don't usually pass up on anything that looked and potentially tastes good.

Packed as it may, it was a beautiful day to sit outside and enjoy the sun with a bright French Lemonade and some salad. I had the salade nicoise, it was basically seared peppered ahi tuna, on top of bed of greens mixed with hard boiled egg, anchovies, red onions, cucumber, green beans with tarragon dressing.

The entire dish was very filling, the steak was done perfectly and the anchovies are not over empowering as one might think that it woudl be. While I'm not a big fan of hard boil eggs in my lunch. It did the job just fine.

Turns out Monsieur Marcel is also a grocer in the LA area, you can find alot of import as well as local items at their store. I visited the one in the Grove Farmers Market. If you get a chance you should as well. If not, definitely check out lunch or sunset dinner at their locations.

In Santa Monica, located in the North Pavilion on the Promenade & Arizona
Open everyday of the year, 9 am - 10pm
1260 Third St. Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Phone: 310.587.1166
http://www.mrmarcel.com/home.aspx





No comments: