Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Asahi

I often think the Asahi is way overlooked because they are at the end of the shopping center.  But on weekend, they have such decent Happy Hour that it's hard to resist.
 For $6, you technically get 6 pieces of sashimi, or 3 big ones.  I got mackerel, Tuna, Yellowtail, and salmon.  Pretty decent.
 Vegetable Tempura, let's face it, I really wanted the zucchini and the sweet potato... the rest are bonus.  Happy Hour price $3
 Agadashi Tofu, but unusual that they don't have the ponzu sauce already in the bowl.  That's ok, I don't mind it because sometimes as you work your way down to the bowl, the bottom squares gets super soggy.  Happy Hour price $3
I got an eel hand roll to top it off.  Normal price $4.50.

So, overall, since it's all Happy Hour price, the damage wasn't bad at all.  Lots of folks live nearby seems to be regulars here.  My deal is that the food isn't bad and the price is good.  I'd come back for drinking and munching any time.

Asahi Sushi
8236 Kirby Dr
#200
Houston, TX 77054
713-664-7686
http://asahisushi.net/en/

No comments: