Thursday, January 25, 2018

One Dragon Restaurant

I love eating Shanghainese food, and don't usually get to One Dragon.
This is a second reincarnation of One Dragon.  Previously, it was a Hong Kong Style food, noodles, stir fry dishes...etc.  It was not as popular as the Shanghainese food, but I had great memories eating there, it was a great comfort food place for me.
Xiao Long Bao - Shanghai Soup Dumpling.  Very fresh, not frozen at all, very yummy pork, and yes I made a mess.  It does squirt everywhere.
Shanghai stir fry thick noodles with pork thin slices.  I just love the oily soy sauce taste, it reminds me of my childhood, seriously.
Here's the Crispy Bottom Pork Bao.  One of my other favorite, it is super hot when it arrives.  It does have a very crispy bottom.  The pork is cooked thru, which always baffles me how it's all done.  The top is steamed, and then they pan fry the bottom.  Yet, none of it over cooked.  It always amazes me.

Most of the time I come here, it's super pack.  So, don't mind the wait.  Have one person wait, while the rest of the party just hang outside or go next door.  By the time you get back, however, I promise the food is worth the wait.

One Dragon Restaurant
9310 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
713-995-6545

No comments: