Monday, December 9, 2019

Killen's Pop Up

So when a big o' slice of Chicken Fried Steak pop up on your Facebook, you'd click interested.
 Glad that I did, and glad that my friend ask me to meet up.
 I got there a few mins after the start time and the line was already across the parking lot.  Now to be fair, the pop up is taking place in the parking lot.  But as the line gets longer, there are less spots available.
 Oooh yummy fried food... and yes, out in the open!
 So you know, Barbecue is not the only game they're good at.  As a lot of you know that there's STQ & TMX, but looks like this might be their next venture.
 Fried Chicken!  Come into my belleh!!!
 Don't worry, they didn't forget their root for brisket. 
So after standing in line for an hour, we did I get: 
 A Beef Rib, that the meat was falling off of the bone good.
 One pound of brisket, which is their signature at the Pearland location. 
 And a bucket of chicken.  This is one of the moistest, most flavorful and not super greasy Fried Chicken I've had in years.  I don't typically do fried chicken because of the grease but if they all turn out like this, I don't mind eating it often.  This is truly a rare opportunity.

So, this round, basically our eyes were bigger than our stomach.  We ended up having to take a lot of that home.  That said, no regrets.  I enjoyed them as leftovers, plus I didn't have to drive out to wait in the Pearland line, I'm grateful.

They are still available for Dec 14th & 21st at 101 Heights Blvd from 11-3pm.  They have beer, iced tea and water to serve.  You can use card or cash.

Killen's Barbecue
https://www.killensbarbecue.com

Event info check their Facebook or Instagram page

No comments: