Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Hillstone

Haven't been back here in many many years.  

I went ahead and made a reservation anyway, but kinda good that we did because the place does fill up fast..

My friend was telling me about the salmon.  This is a little traditional app, house smoked salmon with pointed toasted with this ranch-like dip.  To be honest, it's not bad, but I really like the dip.

This is a seared tuna salad.  It's actually really delicious and literally cleaned the plate.  I really enjoyed the sauce and the cilantro ginger vinaigrette.  On top of that, there's mango and avocado chunks mixed in.  It's really a very filling salad. 

As much as I enjoyed the salad, I cannot say that I'll be back any time soon.  The decor is dated, dark, dimmed and tired.  Bar does look like where the regulars belly up to.  My friend had taken a call from her family, and the hostess served us the "Please Take Your Call Out of the Dining Area" card.  It was lunch, the patrons eating there were louder than my friend and her call.  On top of, the place is not as fancy as, say, a steakhouse.  For a casual lunch to be served a card is a tad much.   I've eaten at higher end places and no one served a card yet.  That was a bit extra but just enough to push me to not return.

Should you want to go for the salad, there are self-parking, don't get suckered like I did.  I didn't see the self-parking sign.  But you can see that on the Kirby Street entrance.  

Hillstone
4848 Kirby Dr.
Houston, TX 77098
712-529-2385




 

No comments: