Monday, June 17, 2024

Picos

Was craving mole' and went to Picos for dinner.

Amazingly on a Friday night, getting table was no trouble even though there were no slots open when I checked the reservation site.

Had a virgin Pina colada - it's pretty much a coconut slushie with pineapple juice in there. 

Here's the dips - salsa and queso blanco.  That's a ton of veggie with the queso, so I feel somewhat healthy making that choice. 
I got the chicen mole poblano - I was mainly ordering it for the mole sauce.  It can be anything with that sauce, I'd be content.  It does come with a side of rice and beans.  The beans are refried and they mix some cheese with that.  No one is complaining. 

My friend didn't believe me about the mole, so she order Arroz (Spanish rice) with black mole, which comes with a fried egg on top.  And that is seriously good not just a side, just by itself. 

For dessert, we got a cheesecake with brownie at the bottom.  It's actually pretty rice altogether, having someone share it sounds about right.  

We always got great service here, so totally no complaint about that.  Since it's a Friday night, people do get started early at the bar and move over to a table and you can tell people started to have a good time when the noise level gets louder and louder as the night progress.  

Pico's 
3601 Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77098
832-831-9940

 

No comments: