Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sweet Paris

Well, for breakfast, we went for Sweet Paris.  They promote that they have gluten free batter, so we gave that a try.
I had the Nutella, Strawberries, and banana.  It was nice and thick on the batter, as a matter of fact, it's super thick to cut thru.
Yes the filling is full, but because the batter is thicker, it doesn't have the true crepe feel.  But that's a better than nothing for those who are gluten sensitive.  The batter is not any smoother, and get toasted quite easily = dry.  

I have friends who hired them for a catering job, and they charge a decent price and people enjoyed it.  Don't know if that includes the gluten free batter or if that cost extra.  But if you're hosting a party, that might be the trick.

Now, I've said it many of times, I'm bias towards Melange.  I know it is like comparing apples and oranges, sit down place vs. food kiosk.  But the food does speak for themselves.  That aside, I do have my bone to pick with Sweet Paris, the utensils were not clean, I had to pick thru the entire bin of knives and forks in order to pick a couple that are not stained or not have food stuck on it.  They also have these weird signs on seating.  At first, you're asked to not sit down until you place your order.  That I can understand.  Now, they are asking you to only have 3 or more to sit on a 4-top table.  When we walked in, there was a big party sitting in the booths, which were designated for the 2 or less party, but if they also block out the 4-tops, where on earth are you asking people to go?  I think it's kinda annoying that they are being so restrictive about that.  And they are not kidding.  I saw 2 ladies waiting for their friends and one of the workers immediately walk up to them just to make sure they saw the sign.  That's just not friendly business practice.  

Personally, if it's not because they are the only game in town that does gluten free batter for crepe (aside from my own home), I would rather go somewhere else.  Crepe is more accessible in town now than say a few years ago.  Alas, I go with David who is sensitive, and choices are severely limited... won't someone else do a gluten free batter please?

Sweet Paris
2420 Rice Blvd.
Houston, TX 77005
713-360-6266
http://www.sweetparis.com/  

No comments: