Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Empire Cafe

It's been a loooooong time since I ate at Empire Cafe.  Not that I don't want to, their food and selection is still good, I just don't live near enough and don't have the patience for brunch parking.  You have to go early.  So it's nice to go during the week.
 Had my favorite Milky Way, which is latte with hazelnut mix with caramel, and chocolate syrup.  It really does taste like a Milky Way.  My favorite part of all that, is the cookies.  When it's hot, it's great to dip with... so delightful!
Since it's weekday, no Migas for me (sad).  But instead, I got the Spinach Frittatas.  It's actually huge, which the photo doesn't do it justice.  It came with a side of herb roasted potato (yummo!), and a side of fruit.  I did attempt to finish the entire dish, and then felt super full and wanted someone to roll me out of there.  It was good, and I was reminded why I like to go there.  Unique decor, good selection of beer and coffee, and good food.  Don't forget they have a parking lot behind the building, if you have to park on the street, don't forget to check the signs.

Empire Cafe
1732 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77098
713-528-5282
http://empirecafe.com/

No comments: