Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Phat Eatery

Been meaning to go to Phat's for some time now.
As a matter of fact, I was reminded when we ran into the chef/owner Alex Au-Yeung at Best Bites.  We were just telling him that he needs to get himself back into the Loop.
Love the details in the decor...
The 'street' signs are everywhere.
Got the Malay Iced Milk Tea, it's not too sweet, supposed to be made with condensed milk.  Nice and not too full in flavor, so I can save that for the food.
Roti & Curry sauce, you're supposed to dip the Roti bread, which is nice and flakey, into the sauce.  This is the Roti Canai, which doesn't have any meat in the curry, but they do have a version with chicken in it, in case you want more.
Got some satay, with beef and chicken.  Skewers are best with peanut sauce, which I always thought it was a Thai thing, but it is delicious.
My favorite of all, the Hainanese Chinese Chicken with comes with coconut rice.  I mostly love the ginger sauce that goes with it.  Doesn't matter to me that there were 2 other sauces on the dish.
This is the Char Kway Teow, that's more of a Teochow-nese cuisine, which is flat rice noodle, egg, proteins of sorts and veggies.  So here, I asked them to skip the shrimp.  The server was nice enough to give us more Chinese sausage.  

Our server was awesome, he noticed that I basically used most of the ginger sauce, he went and got another one, just for me.  When we were taking food to go, he got us extra coconut rice.  Talk about being nice.  Of course we tipped him extra.

Phat Eatery 
23119 Colonial Pkwy
Katy, TX 77449
832-913-6382
https://phateatery.com

No comments: