Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Norma's Cafe

When you travel to a different city, a lot of times I rely on Yelp and local reviews....
When someone else does the research... I got no say... so no say it is.
This is again, eyes are bigger than my stomach... ordered some Onion Rings.  I just chalk it up as to-go is just not as good as when you get them fresh.  Sadly, it was cold by the time it got to me.

I got a taco salad.  And of course, we all know salad is cold to begin with, nothing new there.  It came in a cake box, that was interesting.  But the meat didn't have any taste.  In the spirit of not wasting things, I ate all the meat accompanied by lettuce as I could and gave up the rest.  

Luckily, there's a bright spot in the meal.  The Peach Cobbler.  It was nice and warm and hit the spot.  Redeeming part of the entire night.

Their motto is: Life is Short, Eat Dessert First; appears to hold true to this meal.  That's the piece that they did well.  Perhaps should've eaten dessert first, as per their recommendation.  I'm surprised as restaurants started to cater more to to-go in addition to in-house orders, they haven't perfected this piece.  Mainly, they also forgot to pack one other item in the order, most places got the pack and check part of the program down since the lock down.  Surprise they didn't.  So double check your order to avoid another trip. 

Norma's Cafe
8300 Gaylord Pkwy
#19
Frisco, TX 75034
972-712-2233
https://www.normascafe.com

 

No comments: