Monday, September 20, 2021

State Fare

Went to State Fare for a quick dinner.
Got an Arnold Palmer, which is perfect since it's a tad hot outside.

What I didn't realized is that they also have a flight of frozen margarita, it's so pretty.

We started with Fried Green Tomato, nice and crunchy.  It was topped with crab meat and pepper, the sauce is a remoulade sauce, I practically wiped clean of the plate for it.  Highly recommend this dish.



I got the Dixie Burger, and it has a beef pattie, onion rings, and inside the onion rings it has some pimento cheese.  Yummy bun, top and bottom.  It came with a side of fries.  Here's my complaint about it, I'm a huge Onion Rings girl, but this was too soggy for me to enjoy.  That said, they do have a lot of accommodations for a burger, gluten free buns vs. regular buns, add bacon, avocado, mushroom, grilled onions, fried eggs.  Sauces like sriracha, blue cheese dressing, pickle dip, queso, it already comes with bbq sauce. The side can be fries or salad.  To be honest, by the time I had half of a burger, I was already full.  Definitely need to save room for dessert.

If you go during Happy Hour is definitely easy to find a spot.  If you plan on coming for dinner, best make a reservation.  They do get popular almost any night.  I would say, the staff that mask vs. not are about half and half.  

State Fare
Sugarland
15930 City Walk
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713-234-1405
https://www.statefaretx.com


 

No comments: