Thursday, April 6, 2023

Garden Grove

Another restaurant at our hotel property is the Garden Grove.
Located inside the Swan Hotel, you cannot get there without marveling at the swan fountain at the middle the hotel lobby, 2 more fountains on the outdoor gardens, and a very nice kitchen with beautiful wedding cakes display.  The space in the place is huge, and I can see people come here to have a nice evening dinner.

Alas, we were here for breakfast.  As limited as I was - and still am - I can only order 2 eggs scrambled.  For $22, they want to give you your money's worth with bacon, and a giant slap of hash.  It's nice and all, I can only eat a bit, so $22 was kinda wasted on me.  But the coffee and service are good.  Alot of hotel guests come here for breakfast before heading over to the parks. 

Even though it's expensive, it's about the same for any hotel restaurants. But the staff are nice, and the place is calming.  The A/C was a tad strong, but the decor is cute.  I will say that they need to re-institute the character breakfast at the property like they once did, so the parents don't have to have a Hunger Game style of reservations for various Parks sit-down restaurants.  Not only that, for $53 of breakfast to meet Pooh Bear and Piglet is not worth it, I went and stood in line for photo op instead.

Garden Grove

 

No comments: