Monday, August 21, 2023

Gourmet Salted Egg Fish Skin

This week is going to be random snack week.
I saw this and had tried some version of this before, but was also curious what could cost $11.  Curiosity wins, so here we go:

Basically this is fish skin chips, sprinkled with salted egg.  To be honest, I cannot taste the salted egg.  I did like the crispy bit, and if you have congee, this would go great with that.  The pieces of chips are huge, and they do get messy because they break easier than potato chips. 

I will say this is messier than I had pictured.  It is better if it goes with a bowl of congee, but also good on its own.  I feel somewhat healthier because it's fish skin, but for the price of $11 is a bit high for a snack.  So maybe once in a while, not a regular thing? 

 

No comments: