Monday, November 6, 2023

Udon Lab (NYC)

Alright, last post on NYC food.
For dinner while in KTown, we went to Udon Lab.  Basically true to NY, if you want to eat something decent, having a reservation would go a long way.  I think we waited for over 30mins and lucky for us someone skipped out on their reservation, and we swooped in.

We started out with some Brussels Sprouts.  Pretty good and crunchy.

I got the Buta Don - which is pork over rice.  I know I came to a place that's called Udon Lab, and the weather was wet and drizzly that a bowl of noodle hits the spot. But I was trying to get food that's easy to chew, so I went with this.  Flavor is there, and definitely have the egg over the rice is superb.  Mix it altogether is a nice texture with meat, egg, some nori and rice.  It's nice and warm the belly.

I will say they do turnovers fast here.  Given the volume they do, they are not pushing you out, but you do feel the rush.  Also need to give kudos to the hostess.  THere's lots of people in and out, and to keep tabs of that all is not easy, but she carried herself very professionally and very polite to even people who are rude to her.  So that just a plus for me, especially when she's the first person you see when you walk into the store.  


Udon Lab
43 West 22nd Street
New York, NY 10001

 

No comments: