Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Hearsay at Levy Park

This year's first Houston Restaurant Week:
We went to Hearsay in Levy Park.  It's pretty ingenious because you have the kids run around, and you get some nice grown up food.

It's really pretty inside and the chandeliers are amazing.  

This is the Blackberry No-jito.  It has blackberries, lime, mint and soda water.  Not too sweet, it works for just a summer heat buster. 

Since there's 3 of us, we each picked a different appetizer on the HRW meau. 

This is the Kung Pao Shrimp and Calamari - fried shrimp and calamari and tossed with Kung Pao sauce.  This is the table's favorite. 

This is Waygu Meatballs, the meatball was good, the sauce was good, the toast was super hard, totally was not expecting that.  Just stick with the meatball and sauce. 

Then it's the Avocado Cucumber salad - First off, I'm not sure I saw any avocado or cucumber, but the salad definitely look tired.... I touched it and untouched it. 

For entree this is Seared Salmon with grilled veggie and crispy bed of rice.  Not my favorite combo, but it tasted good. 

Chicken Tikka Masala - I actually quite like this dish.  Lots of carbs but the chicken tasted good. 

This is the Kebab.  Now this is where the confusion comes in... the description said juicy lamb and beef or Impossible.  But when we ordered it, for meat, we can only either lamb or beef.  It was an 'or' not 'and'.  And it came out more like a pita sandwich than a kebab.  It came with a couscous side, and I did like that. 

Of course, we got one of each on the dessert too. 

This is Coconut Cream Pie - to my surprise, I really enjoyed this.  It has creamy coconut custard layer and chocolate pecan caramel.  I was really surprised how much I liked this one.  

This is Mr. Mocha - it has layer and layer of chocolatey goodness.  Chocolate coffee mousse, dark ganache, chocolate sponge cake, and Chantilly cream.  All goes together, very yummy.

Of course, if they have creme brûlée, we'll get it.  It's on par as far as creme brûlée goes.  But not shabby. 

Since it's HRW, making a reservation is not a bad idea.  Parking in the area may present a challenge, since it's at the park and they are filled with activities there.  But drive around and bring patience.  You can also park at the garage, I'm not sure how after hour parking works, so please be sure to check the signs. 

Hearsay at Levy Park
3728 Wakeforest Street
Houston, TX 77098
346-313-2280





 

No comments: