So, we were lucky enough to be part of a preview for the new Mack Allen's in the Galleria area.
It's on the ground floor of an office building. The signage is not apparently, so you really have to look for it.
But once you get in there, it's pretty. This is their champagne room.
It has a very high end feel, if they do tea here, that'll be perfect!!!
They've got some pretty chandeliers.
Another side room for dinner, has yet another beautiful bar. I can totally see fancy dinners here.
Very nice charcuterie mix. The cone is spicy tuna cone, very delicious.
It's good enough that I went back for seconds.
Also have mashed potato with beef tip, pretty yummy. Not pictured: their empanadas are very delicious.
This is their main bar. Coming in from the main entrance is very impressive. The bar staff are quick and friendly.
Got a mocktail, it's the Golden Hour. It has Seedlip Grove 42, pineapple, lime, and ginger beer. Not to zingy not too spicy. It's pretty nice for a hot day.
Love their to go cup.
For dessert, they were showcasing brownie, pecan tart, cookies, cheesecake, chocolate cake, and fruit tarts.
I got a chocolate mousse cake and a shortbread. The combo of the two, chef's kiss. Definitely worth getting.
The parking is a little unique, as mentioned, the place is inside an office building. So you can pull a ticket and self-park, which I'm not sure about the validation there. Or, you can valet. That said, the valet is across from the front door, so look for the signs. That set up is fine until it rains, because you have to cross back the street to the restaurant, and it's uncovered even though you have a skywalk overhead.
I think the place is new right now, and they've opened quietly that you can probably walk up for a table, but for lunch and happy hour, I anticipate it'll be busy. So don't chance it, make a reso.
Mack Allen's
4400 S. Post Oak Pkwy
Houston, TX 77027
713-589-5079
No comments:
Post a Comment