Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Nikubol in POST HTX

Ended up grabbing lunch at the POST food hall. 
I was lured in by the pretty decor and the pretty pictures. 

Took them a while to get the food ready.  There were quite a few guests that were not happy with the wait time there. 

I got a curry beef bowl.  As you can see, they do fill everything to the brim.  It has purple cabbage, pumpkin bits, corn, beef, curry sauce, over a bed of rice and a fried egg on top.  

So here's my take: the beef is too chewy, the corn and the pumpkin (though cooked) are cold.  The bed of rice part of it was warm and part was cold.  That was awkward on the temp difference for a rice bowl dish. 

For drink, I got the Peach Fizz.  And it's not bad, but next time I'll ask them to skip the poppin' boba.  They were too sweet which make an already sweet drink overly sugary. 

The decor is cute.  And from what I understand, they do have a brick and mortar shop in Katy.  They said they allow you to build your own bowl, but from the ordering kiosk, there's not too much guidance or options to do that.  So, hopefully the Katy location can accommodate that. 

Nikubol
inside Post
401 Franklin St
Houston, TX 77201



 

No comments: