Monday, April 16, 2012

Downhouse

Been meaning to check out the Downhouse for some time now. Located in the heart of the shopping district, it is only one street over from 19th Street.
Heard alot of stories about the place. From: they have great brunches, to the twitter debacle (Google that one), to great drinks, and great food.
Sunday special is Sour Sunday, any drinks that are sour are at a discount. They also have a daily beer list on the board, so there's no shy of any alcohol in this place.
I had a vodka, lime and bitters. I forgot the name of it now, but they are quite generous with the alcohol. That said, they are located at the 'dry' part of Heights, so before you can drink, you need to join their 'private club'. It doesn't cost anything to join, just that you have to be part of the club member in order to partake the alcohol they have to offer.
For my meal, I ordered the traditional Belgian food of mussles and pomme frites.
They give you the mayo and ketchup combo. While I've never been a mayo person, this combo worked out surperbly for me. I'm not sure if they have their secret ingrident in the mayo or on the fries, but I'm addicted to those suckers. Plus, that's one of the best drinking finger food ever.

Downhouse
while reservation is not necessary, you may have to wait for a table. Best time to go, Sunday nights.
1801 Yale St.
Houston, TX 77008
713-864-3696
http://downhousehouston.com/

No comments: