Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sweet & Savory 4 of 4 drool fest

Ready to drool more?? Let's move on:
Of course, it was exciting to have Katzie Guy-Hamilton.
She was using a takoyaki maker type thing to make these waffle balls. Here she is prepping.
The buttermilk waffle balls were paired with rhubarb and elderflower ice cream. I have never had elderflower before. But whatever it is, it had pulled all the flavors together. As a matter of fact, I would say out of all of the dishes, hers has the most flavors, and the most complimentary of each other.
Last but not least, Carlos Enriquez from Las Vegas. I loved him on the show because he is a kid inside and he showed it in his food. And you can tell in his showing here too.
Too bad, when I walked up to his station there were already people talking to him. And he was just trying people about how to eat his creations.
I think this a fun way to showcase the macarons.
Little orbs that hold macarons. They are peanut chocolate flavored mac. See, peanuts on top!
Nitro bubble gum. It is kinda fun, when you eat it, it is like a meringue cookie. But when you chew, you exhale smoke. It is one of the more popular and fun thing to eat.
These are coconut, mango, passion fruit parfait. I know that both of those flavors should be balanced out by the coconut, and the coconut bit does look like they have some sort of sago in it. That said, both mango and passionfruit together were a tad strong for me. And since the little tubey was small, it's not like I can mix it up. Plus, I'm sure that's not the intention.
Here's a group shot of the group. Left to Right: Craig P, Carlos E., Philip (hidden - sorry, my angle sucked), Adam Garcias, Jason Gould, Rebecca Masson, Katiz G-H, Amanda R, and Megan K.

Thank you for the wonderful dessert, this was really a treat. Of course, I immediate went home and went into a sugar coma. But well worth it! This event helped raised over $19,000 for Lucky Dog Rescue. If you're interested in dinner such as these, you need to subscribed to Lucky Dog Rescue. They also provide opportunities to help and maybe you'll adopt a life long friend too.

No comments: