Monday, April 23, 2012

Lola's - dinner

For a quick dinner, we hopped over to Lola's for dinner.

Not sure if it's because we went there towards closing, or things has changed since the last I was there. This visit in particular wasn't as fulfilling as it once was.

This round, I had the Aloha Chicken without buns with a side of 3 cheese mac. Well, the sauce looked good and tasted good. Too bad the chicken was dried. So even though there's a slice of Swiss cheese to balanced things out, you can't revive a dried chicken.

The mac and cheese is also another disappointment. I'm not sure if it's because I've been spoiled by BRC and Max's Wine Dive, and my taste became more particular or it was really that bad. But even though the name said there's 3 cheese, I can see one and tasted none. Talk about disappointing, since I was drooling looking forward to it. Just felt like I wasted calories. :(

I've had decent experience of their fries and other sandwiches, hope that was a fluke.

Lola's Diner (Heights)
1102 Yale St.
Houston , TX
713-426-LOLA
http://eatlola.com/

No comments: