Monday, October 26, 2020

Hong Kong's Cafe

Went back to Hong Kong's Cafe for another take-out.
In the name of supporting local mom and pop shops, I will sacrifice my waist line.

First up: egg tarts.   I like theirs besides ECK's.  But since this is outside of my diet, I'm grateful to even get to have one.

This is the char siu and chicken over rice.  The oily chicken goes with the ever-so-addicting ginger sauce.  It is one in the same as the one came with Nainanese rice from last time.  LOVE IT!

I asked for Chinese Sausage Fried Rice.  It has eggs, peas (forgot to ask the to hold those), carrots, eggs, rice and Chinese sausage.  I love those growing up.  It pack a lot of flavor for small little bite.  The difference between Chinese sausage and other cultured is that it's pretty much the same process with the addition of them drying it out in the sun before it is ready.  So, the fat and meat - cured already - in the casing and it get shriveled up in that casing and the flavor comes out when you cook it.

Great news, the cafe now accepts Zelle's.  There's a rumor that they take PayPal as well, but I did not see a sign for that.  I did see a sign for accepting Zelle.  Of course, they still do cash, just not credit card.

Hong Kong's Cafe
9108A Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
713-772-9633

 

No comments: