Monday, November 30, 2020

Hako Bento

I've been seeing these awesome looking bentos on Instagram.
Turns out it's a ghost kitchen using the current Shin location on Shepherd.

I did a make-your-own option, you pick your own protein, fried item, veggie, and type of rice.  

So I picked (Top L clockwise): Vegetable Tempura, Teriyaki Beef, Kimchi, and white rice with a slice of orange in the middle.  I liked the teriyaki beef, very nicely done.  The tempura as expected that it got mushy by the time it was delivered to me.  The whole meal is still warm, and they got a fancy delivery bag to keep the food and the fancy bento box in place and no spillage.


Another thing they were promoting quite a bit was Mr. K's Thai Tea.  This looks to be a 12oz container.  For $4, it seems to be a bit much.  Most places charge that price is usually for 16oz and or with boba, so I think $4 was a bit much.  The tea is ok unless there's something special I missed, I think I'll be passing on this next time.

You can order online either pickup in person, or have one of 4 food delivery services to bring it to you.

Hako Bento
https://www.hakobento.com

 

No comments: