Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Kuu

I haven't been to Kuu in years.  Not for any particular reasons, just not the part of town that I frequent.
We asked for seating outside, since it's shaded, it actually was decent.

Got the Kuu Roll which has Asian pear, avocado, tuna, lobster claw meat.  The sauces are actually pretty good.  Not exactly getting the edamame sauce but the peach emulsion stood out for me.

Got the June roll, which has spicy tuna inside, unagi & avocado up top, and of course the unagi sauce.  It's  lots of flavors packed in there.

This is the Kanapaccio, which has orange, kanapachi, yuzu, garlic sauce.  It's actually pretty good for a hot day.  No complaints here.

Got a nice piece of tuna


Nice piece of salmon and chopped scallop.

I got the Waygu Kushiyaki - which is waygu beef skewers with scallion.  The marinate is great, but it's not a true waygu beef where it melts in your mouth.  Not bad for a skewer but bits of them were chewy.  

Seating outside is not as bad as I'd thought.  I will say, mosquitoes were fierce, so spray before sitting down.  The social hour is worth doing.  Server was on top of it, which is appreciated especially when I was getting eaten by the bugs.  Having a reservation is good but not busy on the weeknights that necessitate one. 

Kuu Restaurant
947 Gessner
Houston TX 77024
713-461-1688
https://kuurestaurant.com

 

No comments: