Monday, April 18, 2022

Chef Christine Au

I've been following Christina Au on IG forever.  Always drooling but not able to make it to Blacksmith where she's the resident pastry chef there. 
She's pretty active on the pop up market scenes.  The one that is so popular that the line was wrapped around the place.  So I nearly gave up when... a kind friend picked those pop-tarts up for me. 

This is the Pandan + Coconut

Look at that.  The pastry is nice and soft, got the little crisp on the edges.  The inside is not too overwhelming, very Summer Asian flavor.

Another Asian Flavor, Mango & Passionfruit.

Somehow the flavor combo reminds me of guava.  The whole bite reminded me of a guava empanada from Cafe Bustelo.  The key to eating these by the way, and they didn't say to do this but I find it yummy; and that is, to heat it up for 10-15 seconds, and enjoy with a cup of coffee is the way to go.

You can catch more Chef Christina Au's goodies at Blacksmith coffee or follow her on IG to see where she's doing a collab or pop up.

Chef Christina Au
https://www.instagram.com/christinaau/


 

No comments: