Monday, January 2, 2023

Sugarbubs

So happy to run into Sugar Buns again.
I won't lie, if I see that they are there among other vendors that I like, I will make an extra effort to go.

They're really known for their Basque Cheesecakes...

But they have other goodies too.

They have Portuguese Egg Tart.  This is more what I'm accustomed to, than the ones we got from De Gama, which was more dense than I like.

That said, however, this was a tad drier than I like.  Maybe because of prep time, but it definitely dried out more than a normal tart would. 

Also picked up the White Chocolate Raspberry Box Cake.

It's cute, holds about 2.5 servings.

But let's face it, I ate it all in one sitting.  Cake layered at the bottom, raspberry white chocolate layers, and cream on top.  Each bite was delightful.

Sorry for the over exposed pic: but had to get an espresso one, it's actually very coffee-y.  Texture is right, not too dry, but definitely crumbly looking.  It was good for what it is.  As usual, support small businesses.

Sugar Bubs



 

No comments: