Monday, March 15, 2021

Daido Market

I always like to go to Daido to do my grocery shopping right before lunch time.  They have the freshest fish for prepared meal.
There are 2 sizes on the chirashi, and all the sashimi is beautifully laid out.  I always like to tell people to think that it's sushi deconstructed.  

Here's Gyudon, which is thinly sliced beef over rice.  It also has some onions and some ginger.  I've seen some places add an egg over it.  I just really love the sauce, it's a big sweet and some salty to it.  So good.

Other lunch ideas at the grocery store there, various type of bento, unaju, curry rice, onigiri rice ball.  They also have pieces that you can make your own nice meal.  They have seaweed salad, octopus salad, tamago, sashimi.  I really love their prepared foods section. 

Daido Marketplace
11146 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77042
713-785-0815
https://daidohouston.squarespace.com

 

No comments: