Monday, June 28, 2021

Badolina

Been seeing a lot of IG posts for this cute little cafe, so I thought I'd come and see it for myself.
Small little sign on the nearby building in case it's too sunken in that you can't find them.
Nice touch on the branding.

Got the Raspberry Rose - It's a mousse cake with a shell with that pretty shape.  The flavors aren't strong, but it's not what I expected either, wonder if it done with Israeli spin to it.  Since I've never had Israeli cuisine or dessert before, if you have, please let me know.

Oh and for their desserts & cakes, you have to get there early enough or else, you will see a lot of empty cases.

Got a Latte to go, like I said, the branding is superb and chic.  By the way, they do not have soy milk but has almond & oat milk in case you're particular.

This is Blossom Mousse, you can taste the honey and with a hint of citrus, but again it's not strong.  It sure looks pretty though.

They have a lot of artisan bread, and I saw some cinnamon rolls and croissants. 

I got an Almond Croissant.  I have to say this was a tad disappointing.  Besides almond, they added something citrus which took a very sharp node to an otherwise calming flavor to your mouth.  Literally, you have the harmonious almond and bread and have sour fruit jam stuck in the middle.  It makes morning breakfast with a cup of joe difficult.

I see that they do a lot of artisan bread and maybe that's something more reliable.  But for now coffee is solid.  Cakes are pretty, and maybe bread would be better.

Badolina Bakery & Cafe
5555 Morningside
Houston, TX 77005
832-649-5909
https://www.instagram.com/badolinabakery/

 

No comments: