Thursday, June 10, 2021

Mini Peach Pie

Peach Day 4
Since the Crostata used the store bought pie crust, so I was trying to find another recipe to use the other half and came upon this recipe.

Couple of good tip, use a bigger mug to cut out the circle to fit into your muffin tin.  I actually was able to get 7 out of 1 piece of the pre-made pie crust.  The left over from the first cut, you can roll it out and squeeze in 3 more.


One thing this recipe did not called for but totally NEEDED!  It's to grease your pan.  I was naive enough to think that I can get away with it... but nope!

It said that to bake for 15 mins then add fruit.  You should actually try to pop them out before adding fruit.

Though, not entirely sure even had I popped it out, it would've helped or not since the fruit juice cooked would've bind it to the pan.

It's fine if it stay in there, but....

You have to eat it some how, and this is where it does not get pretty.  The crust get stuck to the pan, very hard to cut it out.  On top of that, the juices once baked turns into candy to glue it together.  That didn't work out the way I thought it'd would at all.  

I think if you don't want to grease the pan at least put a cupcake cup in there to help.  Another thing is that the crust puffed up when we did the first bake, so even though it should've been half done, then add fruit.  It looks like it's mostly done and no enough 'cup' space to put the fruit.  While I'm all for over-flowing peachy goodness; it is still became a mess.  So, learn from it!



 

No comments: