Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Peach Crostata

Peach Day 3

I did this last year as well and used this recipe.

 
Like the previous 2 days, you slice the peaches, 16 slices per peach.  Again, the recipe called for 4 peaches, but 3 was enough for us.

Of course, I went to do the store bought pie crust.  It was super easy and convenient.  

I used the left over egg wash and brushed it on the side.  The recipe called for heavy cream as the wash, either way, goal is turning it brown.

So, this turned out a bit weird because the recipe asked for turbinado sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw), but ... As you can see, some of the sugar is burnt, and looked like sesame than a pretty sugar top.  

The trick on this, again, keep the pretty slices for the top because the bottom layers will get covered.  I tell ya, by the 3rd pie, I was getting pretty good at slicing peaches into thin slices.  The problem was the some peaches the pit broke when I was cutting into them, ended up cutting thru them.  That was the most time consuming time.   If you're looking at the prep time on these recipes, add 10 mins or so to make sure you got all the peaches and pits taken out.





No comments: