Monday, October 25, 2021

Concura

When I was at Eloise for Happy Hour, saw Concura was curious.
At first, I was surprised that for Resy, they ask you to put down a credit card for a $20 hold.

I'm like: I haven't tried your food and you already thought so highly of yourself.  That's curious, and not necessary in a positive light.
Once we arrived, I can understand why.  The indoor seating is very limited to say the least.  They have maybe 6 at the counter towards the kitchen, a maybe 8-10 tables tops.  The place is tiny inside.
What sold me, as I walked by, was their outdoor space.  On a nice night, under a tree, with some lights and candles.  It's super cute.  

Got a cocktail - blueberry with spritzer.  Pretty nice.

This is the Polipo e Patate - which is grilled octopus on top of mashed potato and olive oil.  Very nice and surprisingly light.

This is the Carpaccio di Spigola - Sea Bass carpaccio.  It's heartier than I'd thought it'd be.  Guess I was thinking like Japanese restaurants that have very thinly sliced equals to very little of whatever that may be.  But there's a lot of to this than meets the eye.

We ordered 2 pastas to share, this is the cCalamarata al Ragu Toscano - it's really pasta cut in rings with Tuscan Ragu which has pork as the meat and a very light white sauce and olive oil.

I like this, not too heavy, and the white sauce worked very nicely together, unlike in my mind ragu is usually paired with red sauce, this was a nice pairing.

Then the Passatelli Bosaioli - which is a in-house pasta with mushroom ragu and truffle.  To be honest, I'm not much of a mushroom person, but a lot of people gave a rave review and I was curious.  

The truffle definitely gave it the body, and the sauce is thicker and the entire dish is pretty 'meaty' without meat.  If you tried it, you would understand.

I got cup of decaf espresso, it was weird getting it in a sake cup instead of a demitasse. 

For dessert, I got the Kinder Garden.  It does come in a little pot - because it's a garden.

They are trying to replicate the Kinder Egg taste, and has the nutty condensed milk with white chocolate with chocolate crumbs.  It does have a taste of a Kinder Egg filling.  At the bottom, there's a chunk of chocolate, but can't get it out because it was very stuck at the bottom - you know where the hole of a pot would've been....


Salame al Cioccolato - it's a play on food - it's basically chocolate fudge shaped in salami with nut.  The ice cream that comes with it is Parmisan Ice Cream.  The fudge went amazingly well with the Kinder's pudding, not a huge fan of the ice cream.

As mentioned before, you should make a reservation because the place is not big.  They are right by a parking garage, so it's convenient to park and walk over.  By the way, their front entrance is not by the outdoor seating, it's around the corner.

Concura
4340 Westheimer Rd
#150
Houston, TX 77027
832-997-4220
https://concurahouston.com



 

No comments: