Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Hao Hao

So heard a few hub bub on IG about this place and I am easily swayed. 
I was lured here by the rice cake dish and wonton noodles... that's what I got.

This is Rice Cake stir fried with eggs, there's scallion and onion. I think all Asian culture has a version of the rice cake, this is Vietnamese, and I do remember having this growing up.  This one you get a bit of scallion wherever you turn.  You do need to dip the sauce and it would be less dry.

I just never found a place that has that or don't know how to order it if it's not on the the official menu. It's a nostalgic thing.

So their claim to fame was Hong Kong style Wonton noodle.  And as it arrived, there's way too many scallions, this place love their scallions.  The wonton is decent but doesn't carry the taste that the Hong Kong Wonton does.  Adding the Cha Siu was good, but it didn't necessary add to it.  The noodles was ok but the more important part is that the broth has no taste.  

This place does serve Vietnamese and Chinese style dishes, but it was strange that when I ordered couple dishes before landing these, none of those were available.  But the menu was huge, too huge.

I will say, I got suckered by the great job the influencer had done.  I'm was excited for a bit on the Bot Chein, but if I were to come back, probably get a traditional pho instead of a wonton noodle.

Hao Hao
12302 Bellaire Blvd
Ste A-6
Houston, TX 77072
281-933-9464  

 

1 comment:

Jay Francis said...

Excellent review. I am going to devote today to reading your previous restaurant postings. Thanks for doing this blog.