Wednesday, July 26, 2023

401 Table & Tap

Came to 401 with a group of friends, and kids.

Honestly, this is truly one of the few places that has decent food and a space for kids.

But let's talk app - we started out with the Hummus Trio - it has Green Goddess, Tuscan style, and JalapeƱo hummus.  Of course, I'm going to tell you that Green Goddess is bar none better than the others.  That's just my fav of all time. 

The other app we got was the cast iron spinach artichoke dip.  I can literally just eat the whole thing by myself and make it my dinner.  Maybe I'll do that next time and not share.  The side they gave us Pico & Tzatziki sauce, neither which I touched, cause why would I need them?  The dip is plenty good by itself. 

Entree I went simple: Got the Creamy Spinach and Portobello Mushroom Pasta.  It does come with sausage despite the name sound very vegetarian.  Of course, if you are or prefer the dish to be vegetarian, let your server know.  Of course, my only complain is, they can always add more parmesan.  But it is good for what they gave me.

Our party was huge and half of which are kids.  Some enjoyed the Club No Major tremendously.  If you don't know what that is, it is: 1, a take of Club No Minor - which is one of the more popular Rodeo tents during the cook off.  As it serve alcohol, so Club No Minor makes sense, they don't want kids in there more for safety and what not.  2, Club No Major is a kids room for quick description sake.  But the long form is: they have constant movie playing, 3 iPad stations for games, board games, picture books... but the best part: they have a staff in there to make sure the kids aren't hurt or fight.  Now peeling them away once the food arrives is a whole different story, but it is a great feature so that the grownups can have some adult conversation over dinner without needed to find a babysitter for that quick hour.  

My notes about this visit is this: it's great to have a place like this.  As you would expect, a big group they automatically added tip.  Some food rolled out slower than others, but it was a good time nonetheless.  What I disliked was that they placed 2 tables right at the entrance of Club No Major.  While I do understand a restaurant wants to maximize space for profit.  It is doing the diners dis-service by placing them at a very high traffic area.  Think about it, it is worse than sitting by the bathrooms because kids inevitably would go in and out multiple times, so do parents as they try to retrieve their children.  Not to mention the unhappiness the kids might experience when they didn't want to go back to the table because they're having so much fun.  So, that would be my one complaint.  

Otherwise, plenty of parking.  For big groups like ours, we called ahead and reserved, but otherwise, walking up is not a problem.  Good dinner joint for folks that enjoy various dishes.


401 Table & Tap
6700 Ferris 
Ste 150
Bellaire Tx, 77401

No comments: