Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Noodles

Asians are known of the love of Siu Yeh - last night snack.
So the last night we were there, I MUST have some wonton noodles.  Of all the places that are easily accessible on the Strip, Noodles has the closest wonton noodles that I remember having while in Hong Kong.  The flavor of the broth and wonton are pretty darn close. 

Dish was more for nostalgia than cure for hunger.  But it's been rainy and cold, so having noodle soup is just perfect.  There's nothing too special to it, just a very Cantonese dish: egg noodles in chicken broth, Chinese broccoli and scallions with the wonton.  This is not your wonton you get at a run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant as soup.  They are chopped shrimp with pork paste, cornstarch, rice wine, and seasoning mixture.  

I used to order wonton noodles daily when I was going to school in HK, because it's between home and school, so it's an easy stop.  That is a flavor that I'm hooked on to.  So having it does give my tummy and my heart a boost.  

As usual, most sit-down restaurant, having a reservation helps.  We went when they're about to close, so we got in just the nick of time.   I will say, having that at the end of the night, we all slept better for it.  So give that a shot.


Noodles
inside Bellagio
3600 S. Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NM 89109

 

No comments: