Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Oui Eats

So when I heard that there was Vietnamese food in the mall, I was quite surprised.
I mosey my way down to the skating rink, on the entry side, and there it is, Oui Eats.
To my surprise, they not only have sandwiches, they have vermicelli (bun) and noodle soup (pho) and rice (com) dishes.  I guess it's pretty much identical you got your carb, your protein and a little bit of variation.
I got me a Vietnamese Iced Coffee, it's a tad stronger and bitter than I'd like.  I usually like a decent amount of condense milk to stir things up.  I'm sure they premade this for ease of lunch crowd.
This is my version of Bun Thit Nuong Cha Gio, the egg roll doesn't come with the original dish.  I was greedy, and added that.  Unfortunately, it was dry and not warm.  The pork was ok, not dry, but could hold more flavor.  The Vermicelli is ok as well.  When you mix it all up, it's do-able, but I was thinking next time I should pair it with rice rather than vermicelli.  

It is on the far side of the skating rink, but if you found the entry of the rink, you'll see Oui Eats on the side in a kiosk stand.  They are affiliated with Oui Ba Mi on Richmond and Mandell near Montrose.  From the looks of things, they're opening one up near U of H, that's a great thing for the students.

Oui Eats
5085 Westheimer Rd
K125 (rink level)
Houston, TX 77056
832-940-2163
https://squareup.com/store/oui-eats-galleria

No comments: