Tuesday, August 28, 2018

White Oak Kitchen

Had a business lunch at White Oak
Not one of my favorite places to go to.  It is more hotel style restaurant that happens to be attached to the mall.  Alot of business breakfast and lunches conducted there.
To start, we ordered Zucchini fries, it comes with chipotle radish dip.  I like these fries, it is zucchini, which is healthy to begin with, it is battered with almond flour, so it's definitely gluten free.  
I ordered a Pad Thai for lunch.  Typically, it comes with shrimp too, but between the chicken, egg, and tofu, I felt like there's too much protein on the plate.  It is made with rice noddles, comes with sprouts, scallions, and chili flakes.  Pretty normal dish, can't really screw that up.  The sauce is right no complaint, but nothing spectacular either.  

My only compliant is the service.  They don't have enough staff for the lunch crowd, so what happens is the the kitchen and the wait staff were overwhelmed and order took a long time, and the check was equally as long.  As working folks who wants a decent lunch, this is not going to cut it.  I don't need them hover over me, but they're so busy that they didn't come back to check a table of 8.  That was tough on us, which I'm sure on the staff there as well.

White Oak Kitchen
Westin Oaks Hotel
5011 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77056
713-960-6588
http://whiteoakhouston.com/index.cfm


No comments: