Monday, August 13, 2018

HRW: Bistro Menil

So Houston Restaurant Week, also a good excuse to meet up with some friends.
The pick this time: Bistro Menil.  
I just love how the little details they have.  So pretty.
Starting with Arnold Palmer.  I love that I have my own carafe.
Thanks to my friend's suggestion, Eggplant fries.  Great suggestions, I feel like I'm eating something bad yet not really.
Grilled Octopus, grilled with olive oil.  Pretty fresh and not too over empowering.  
For the main course, I got the duck confit, with mashed Yukon potato and house salad.  The duck was good, nice and crispy and not dry.  The potato sadly wasn't that moist, and the house salad was ok, not worth mentioning though.
For dessert, I got the Lemon Tart, which according to our server is the top seller.
I just find it unique that they use filo-like base, so I basically ate the entire base and the middle was a bit too zesty for me.  The top is good, but the lemon must be super zesty fresh.

Anyway, always happy to do HRW to help donate to Houston Food bank.  Of course, you should make a reservation and especially at a nice place.  We had a big group in our party, so having a reservation helped.  Do good and eat out!

Bistro Menil
1513 W. Alabama
Houston, TX 77006
713-904-3537
https://bistromenil.com 

No comments: