Wednesday, August 15, 2018

HRW: Caracol

Another HRW: Caracol
Don't under estimated that just because lunch you can waltz in and get seated.  I'm glad that we had our lunch early and we made a reservation.  By the time we were leaving, the house was packed and there's a line waiting by the door.
Got my drink of choice: Arnold Palmer, nothing fancy.
First course, I got the Chile Poblano soup.  It has corn, chorizo verde, tomatillo, and of course, poblano pepper.  It is not spicy, but definitely flavorful.  Since I sit in A/C all day, having some soup warms me up did the trick.
Main course I've been eyeing the deconstructed enchilada.  Like, what exactly would it be?  Well, it is with brisket, the tortilla has salsa already on it, with veggie and queso fresco, which if you lump them into one bite, it's  pretty good.  Looks different, but they get the flavors across to you.
Lastly, I got the tres leches.  Oh my goodness, it's divine.  Very light, not heavy, but definitely soaked up the milk and moist.  The fruit around it, I don't hate them but didn't think they enhanced anything either.  But it was definitely a good choice on my part for this.  So good.

Since Post Oak is under constructions, I'd highly suggest sparing extra time for travel.  They offer free parking if you were to self-park in the garage.  Don't forget to give your ticket to the server or the hostess to get it stamped.  So you don't have to pay on your way out.  You can also valet, but even though it is complimentary, make sure you tip them, since these guys are out there in the hot sun doing this all day.

Service as always are top notch.  Our server, even as it gets busier, came by just to make sure we were doing fine.  Everything is very well organized and well run there.  Between the delivery of food, and the delivery of service, I really felt that the team came under pressure and still come out beautifully.  I'm glad they're participating in HRW.  Go eat and do good!

Caracol
2200 Post Oak Blvd
#160
Houston, TX 77056
713-622-9996

No comments: