Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Azuma

Did a quick pickup lunch at Azuma
Haven't had agedashi tofu in a long time.  Finally got to have some.  Their fried tofu is darker than most.

Got me a Hawaiian Hand roll - which has unagi (eel) and cucumber.  Of course I'm just a big fan of the sauce.  Nice and sweet mixed with the rice.

Here's the Lobster Roll - that has tempura lobster, mango, avocado and tobiko roe on top.  

For me, Azuma is very conflicted, some dishes they do very well, some are meh.  The dishes they do well doesn't move me enough to go there all the time.  But because they're close by, I don't mind it.  I do, however, mind their pricing.  The tofu dish for instance, for 3 pieces of tofu they charged $6.50.  While I have been watching the news and understand the supply chain is all messed up, for something that cost 45 -50% less before, its' hard to make that jump.   I think this makes all of us re-examine how much we put money where our mouth is. 

Azuma Sushi
5600 Kirby Drive
Ste 5
Houston, TX 77005
713-432-9649
https://www.azumasushikirby.com

 

No comments: