Monday, May 2, 2022

Rice Box

I was just bragging to a friend about how Rice box uses duck fat to do their fried rice and then subconsciously got myself near the neighborhood.  
I happend to catch after lunch crowd on an off day, plenty of parking.

I got the Mongolian Beef, it came with a lot of everything.  Definitely can save it for leftovers.  The beef was good, not chewy, and the sauce is sufficient, not too spicy, which is just right for me.

Here's my fried rice.  I don't think they use duck fat to do the fried rice anymore, but it is still pretty flavorful.  As you can see the contained is filled to the rim with an egg roll (extra) so between that and the entree, I really did make 2 meals out of this trip.

I will say, the service is here excellent no matter if you order for pick-up or dine-in.  The staff are friendly and made sure you are taken care of while you wait for your food.  Keep in mind, this is not a full service type of place but every staff there made sure you got a full cup of tea before you go.  Or when I was ordering, I couldn't decide which Nitro Tea to get, and she let me tried all of them.  When the food arrived, besides the standard utensils, the staff checked to see if I wanted extra condiments.  THat's pretty awesome, of an order and sit down type place.



Rice Box - River Oaks
1111 Shepherd Dr
Houston, TX 77019
713-294-4549
https://riceboxed.com/location-river-oaks

 

No comments: